Keto Pumpkin Roll Recipe
This impressive low carb keto pumpkin roll recipe is the best fall dessert! A sweet, moist roll pairs perfectly with creamy filling – all at just 3.2g net carbs per slice.
This keto pumpkin roll recipe is the perfect dessert to enjoy all autumn long. While a rolled up keto pumpkin cake looks fancy, it’s actually pretty easy to make – with the right ingredients and technique. (Be sure to use Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend to make it ultra moist!) See how to make this low carb pumpkin roll below, complete with step-by-step pictures.
How To Make Keto Pumpkin Roll
- Mix dry ingredients. In a large bowl, stir together Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour, Wholesome Yum Coconut Flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, Besti Monk Fruit Sweetener with Allulose, and pumpkin pie spice.
TIP: You can make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice if you like, or use a pre-made one.
- Mix wet ingredients. In a small bowl, mix eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix, until fully incorporated. Line a 9×13 jelly roll pan with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray, and spread cake batter evenly across the entire cookie sheet.
- Bake low carb pumpkin roll. It’s done when the cake springs back when touched and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Roll while warm. Let the low carb pumpkin cake cool for JUST 10 minutes, so that it’s not hot but still very warm, then gently roll it up right with the parchment paper. Let it cool rolled up for 30 more minutes.
- Make filling. While the cake is cooling, make the filling. Beat together cream cheese, butter, Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, vanilla extract. (See the full keto cream cheese frosting recipe here!)
- Frost cake. Once cake has fully cooled, unroll the cake, gently peeling away the parchment paper as you go. Spread the filling over the cake, leaving a 1-inch gap around the edges. Carefully roll cake back up, keeping it tight, but not so tight so that it cracks and the filling spills out. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
Low Carb Pumpkin Roll FAQs
Is this pumpkin roll keto?
This keto pumpkin roll recipe is keto, each serving has just 3.2 grams net carbs. Most traditional pumpkin roll recipes will be made with white flour and sugar – definitely not keto!
Can I use a different sweetener?
I highly recommend monk fruit sweetener with allulose for the moistest keto pumpkin swiss roll. If you don’t have it, check the keto sweetener conversion calculator – use that to find out how much to use of whatever you have. Just know that the moisture and texture will be different if you use something else.
If you do use something else, you’ll need:
- Granulated sweetener for the pumpkin cake – like crystallized allulose or granulated erythritol.
- Powdered sweetener for the cream cheese filling – like powdered allulose or powdered erythritol
What kind of almond flour is okay to use?
Be sure to use super fine blanched almond flour for this keto pumpkin roll recipe. Avoid almond meal or a coarse almond flour – both of these would result is a grainy result.
How do I prevent my pumpkin roll from cracking?
Any pumpkin roll has some risk of cracking, but a low sugar pumpkin roll with almond flour and coconut flour is even more prone than the regular kind.
The key to avoid cracks is to roll up the roll with parchment paper while it’s still warm, and then add icing and roll again exactly 30 minutes later. Also, be sure you don’t skip the xanthan gum – this is crucial for the roll to be flexible enough to roll up.
Keto Pumpkin Cake Storage Instructions
Can you make it ahead?
How to store keto pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling
Store this keto friendly pumpkin roll in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze a low carb pumpkin cake roll?
No, freezing a keto pumpkin roll cake is not recommended, because the filling texture would change.
Readers Who Made Sugar-Free Pumpkin Roll Also Made:
If you like this low carb pumpkin roll recipe, you might also like some of these other keto dessert recipes:
- Keto Blueberry Cheesecake – Creamy keto blueberry cheesecake has just 5.7g net carbs per slice… no one can ever guess this is keto friendly.
- Keto Peanut Butter Mousse – Just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this easy dessert. It stores well and is perfect to make ahead.
- Keto Tres Leches – Low carb layers of vanilla almond flour cake, tres leches, and topped with keto whipped cream. It’s as delicious as it sounds!
- Keto Pumpkin Cake Bars – A simpler way to get your dose of pumpkin, with similar ingredients.
Get Ingredients To Make Keto Pumpkin Roll Recipe:
Keto Pumpkin Roll Recipe
This impressive low carb keto pumpkin roll recipe is the best fall dessert! A sweet, moist roll pairs perfectly with creamy filling - all at just 3.2g net carbs per slice.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 2 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 8 oz Cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Bake keto pumpkin cake:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, Besti sweetener, and pumpkin pie spice.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, until fully incorporated.
Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper and spray paper with cooking spray. Spread the cake batter evenly across entire cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-13 minutes, until cake springs back when touched and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes (it will still be warm to the touch).
Using the short side of the parchment paper, roll the cake in a tight roll and cool for an additional 30 minutes.
Make cream cheese filling:
Meanwhile, make cream cheese frosting according to the instructions here. (You'll need to use the amounts above.)
Once the cake has fully cooled, unroll the cake gently so it does not crack. Spread the filling over the cake, leaving a 1-inch gap around the edges.
Using the parchment paper, roll the cake back up, keeping it tight but not so tight that it cracks and the filling spills over the sides. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight, before slicing.
Serving size: 1 slice or (1/10 of recipe)
Video Showing How To Make Keto Pumpkin Roll:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Pumpkin Roll!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.