Low Carb Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
A keto strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe makes the perfect healthy spring dessert! You’d never know this low carb strawberry rhubarb crisp is sugar-free – it tastes like the real thing.
If I had to vote for a bright spring dessert, this keto strawberry rhubarb crisp healthy recipe is it! It needs just a few simple steps and common low carb ingredients. Don’t forget to serve this low carb strawberry rhubarb crisp with a scoop of keto vanilla ice cream!
I love that this dessert is sweet, tart, and made with nutritious ingredients. Gluten-free sugar free strawberry rhubarb crisp is a spring-time staple at our house!
No complaints when keto friendly strawberry rhubarb crisp is served for breakfast. 😉
How To Make Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Let’s make this healthy strawberry rhubarb crisp gluten-free, shall we?
- Make keto strawberry rhubarb sauce. In a saucepan, simmer rhubarb, strawberries, and Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener, until volume is reduced, and strawberries and rhubarb are soft.
- Thicken keto rhubarb crisp filling. Add lemon juice, vanilla, and xanthan gum over the fruit mixture. Stir gently to combine and pour into a baking dish.
TIP: Be sure to evenly sprinkle xanthan gum over the fruit mixture. Don’t dump it, or it can clump.
- Make the healthy rhubarb and strawberry crisp topping. In a medium bowl, mix together Besti monk fruit sweetener (crystallized this time!), almond flour, chopped almonds, cinnamon, salt, and melted butter.
- Top fruit mixture with topping. Smooth with a spatula.
- Bake. It’s done when it’s bubbly and topping is golden brown!
Is Rhubarb Low Carb?
Yes, rhubarb is very low in carbohydrates. Each cup of rhubarb has just 26 calories and 3 grams net carbs. It’s why keto friendly rhubarb recipes exist!
Rhubarb is not a very sweet fruit, as evidenced by the carb count, but when combined with a keto sweetener like Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener, it becomes the perfect combo of sweet and tart for this low carb rhubarb crumble recipe.
Does Keto Friendly Rhubarb Crisp Need To Be Refrigerated?
This easy healthy strawberry rhubarb crisp can be stored at room temperature for a short time.
If it’s longer than a few hours, store the keto friendly strawberry rhubarb crisp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Readers Who Made Keto Friendly Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Also Made:
- Keto Ice Cream – Your gluten free sugar free strawberry rhubarb crisp definitely needs a scoop of ice cream on top!
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes – Rich and fudgy cupcakes – full of chocolate flavor. This one is a must!
- Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies – Dip these shortbread cookies in chocolate – or don’t! Either way, these cookies are dense and rich shortbread, without the sugar or carbs.
- Keto Coffee Cake or Strawberry Creme Brulee – Make these with Besti. 🙂
- Keto Chaffles – The cinnamon churro chaffle is a dessert MUST!
Get Ingredients To Make Low Carb Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp:
Low Carb Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
A keto strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe makes the perfect healthy spring dessert! You'd never know this low carb strawberry rhubarb crisp is sugar-free – it tastes like the real thing.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It’s the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine rhubarb, strawberries, and Besti Powdered. Bring to a boil, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until liquid has reduced by half. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
Grease an 8×8 pan. Pour the fruit mixture into the pan.
Sprinkle (don't dump) the xanthan gum over the fruit mixture. Gently stir to combine.
In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, chopped almonds, cinnamon, salt, Besti Crystallized, and melted butter.
Pour topping on top of the fruit mixture and smooth with a spatula.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Video Showing How To Make Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp:
Don’t miss the VIDEO above – it’s the easiest way to learn how to make Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.