Sugar-Free Keto Pavlova Recipe
This gorgeous keto pavlova recipe looks fancy but is actually an easy low carb dessert! Each slice of sugar-free pavlova has just 2.7g net carbs.
This sugar-free keto pavlova recipe makes a great sweet, but light dessert after a keto dinner and looks beautiful for entertaining! It comes together with basic ingredients that are probably already stocked in your keto pantry.
Serve this gorgeous dessert when summer berries are ripe and naturally sweet, or whenever you need a light and airy dessert. It’s always a crowd-pleaser!
How To Make Keto Pavlova
My keto friendly pavlova is a gorgeous dessert that looks fancy, but it’s actually pretty easy! Let me show you how to make this sugar free pavlova dessert:
- Make meringue. Mix cream of tartar and egg whites using a hand mixer, until frothy. Add the Besti sweetener 1/2 cup at a time, while mixing, until stiff peaks form.
- Finish mixing meringue. Gently fold in lemon juice, vanilla, and xanthan gum to stiffened egg whites. Be careful to not deflate the meringue!
- Bake meringue. Spread the egg white mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and form it into a circle. Smooth out the sugar-free pavlova with a spatula and create a slight well in the center. Dab the spatula around the sides to make soft peaks. Bake for 60 minutes.
- Make sugar-free pavlova toppings. Make keto whipped cream and slice strawberries.
- Assemble the pavlova keto recipe. Once cooled completely, dollop and smooth the whipped cream into the center of the sugar-free pavlova and add the berries on top.
Is Pavlova Keto?
Most pavlova recipes are going to be made with sugar and wouldn’t be keto. But, in this sugar free pavlova recipe, we’re using Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener with erythritol, which keeps the carbs in pavlova to just 1.5 grams net carbs per serving.
This sugar free pavlova dessert is low in carbs, calories, and fat! That’s rare for a treat.
Do You Have To Use Cream Of Tartar To Make Sugar Free Meringue Pavlova?
The cream of tartar in this easy keto pavlova recipe is used to stabilize the egg whites, which basically means they whip to form peaks much more easily.
If you don’t have cream of tartar, you can use an equal amount of white vinegar.
Can I Use A Different Sweetener?
Check our keto sweetener comparison here for the differences.
Can you make Pavlova Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make the meringue part ahead, wrap in plastic, and store in the fridge for 2-3 days. Add the whipped cream and berries right before serving.
However, how well make-ahead low sugar pavlova will keep is also impacted by humidity – if your fridge is humid, it won’t store well.
Readers Who Made Sugar Free Pavlova Also Made:
If you like this low carb pavlova recipe, you might also like some of these other low carb keto desserts:
- Keto Lemon Meringue Pie – Bright and flavorful pie loaded with lemon flavor.
- Keto Cannoli Cookies – A bit of creamy cannoli filling + crunchy cookies + a chocolate drizzle. All the flavors you want in a dessert.
- Keto Peanut Butter Mousse – Chocolate and peanut butter is a match made in heaven! This is a great make-ahead dessert.
- Keto Tres Leches Cake – If you love creamy cakes, this one is for you. It literally translates to “three milks” but we’ve made it keto!
Get Ingredients To Make Pavlova Without Sugar:
Sugar-Free Keto Pavlova Recipe
Make this gorgeous KETO pavlova with just 10 ingredients! It's an easy dessert (but looks fancy), and each slice of sugar-pavlova has just 3 net carbs!
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It’s the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (149 degrees C).
In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar, until frothy. Add Besti, 1/2 cup at a time, and continue to blend until stiff peaks form.
Gently fold in lemon juice, vanilla extract, and xanthan gum to the stiffened egg whites, being careful not to deflate them.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the egg white mixture onto the parchment paper and form into a thick circle. Using a spatula, smooth out the egg whites and create a slight well in the center. Dab your spatula around the edges to make soft peaks.
Bake in the oven on a low rack for 1 hour.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. After the pavlova has cooled, the parchment paper can be removed with ease.
Meanwhile, make the the sugar-free whipped cream using this recipe.
Dollop and smooth the whipped cream into the center of the pavlova and add berries to top.
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/8 of pavlova with whipped cream and berries
Video Showing How To Make Keto Pavlova:
Don’t miss the VIDEO above – it’s the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Pavlova!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.