Keto Coconut Bars Recipe
This keto coconut bars recipe has gooey texture and sweet flavor, with none of the sugar! Healthy coconut bars taste just like the real deal.
Keto coconut bars are the sweetest treat for any coconut lover! With no white sugar or flour, this healthy coconut bars recipe still tastes like the real thing… and it’s just as easy to make.
You may have heard about coconut bars with sweetened condensed milk and a shortbread-style crust — this homemade coconut bars recipe takes a similar approach, except we’re swapping in keto sweetened condensed milk and a buttery coconut flour crust. Using Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend and Wholesome Yum Coconut Flour in the crust helps this recipe get all the caramelized flavor of the conventional recipes — without the sugar!
Are Coconut Bars Keto?
Generally, most coconut bars are not keto friendly because their recipes include conventional sweetened condensed milk, white flour, graham crackers, or white sugar… but you can easily make your own keto-friendly version! This coconut bar cookies recipe swaps those out with keto friendly ingredients, while keeping all the mouthwatering flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Healthy Coconut Bars Recipe
- Buttery coconut flavor
- Rich, chewy texture
- Made with natural ingredients and no sugar
- Easy to prep
Coconut Bars Recipe Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for buttery coconut bars, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For the crust:
- Wholesome Yum Coconut Flour – Made with just one ingredient… pure organic coconut! It adds more flavor to these bars compared to other flour options.
- Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – Captures all the rich flavor, texture, and moisture of brown sugar without the carbs — plus it keeps these dessert bars super soft.
- Butter – Use your favorite unsalted variety.
- Vanilla Extract – If you can, get a high-quality extract (not imitation vanilla).
- Eggs – Use whole, large eggs at room temperature.
- Sea Salt – Balances the sweet flavor in these bars.
For the filling:
- Sugar Free Sweetened Condensed Milk – Don’t worry… it’s easy to make, and it will make these coconut and condensed milk bars bake up nice and chewy.
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut – Make sure it’s unsweetened, and shredded in thinner flakes.
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Keto Coconut Bars
This section shows how to make coconut and condensed milk bars with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Make Shortbread Crust. Mix flour and sweetener in a bowl until fully blended. Add melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and mix until a crumbly dough forms. Press into a lined square baking dish.
- Make Filling. Stir keto condensed milk with 1 cup of the shredded unsweetened coconut. Pour the mixture over crust and sprinkle with remaining shredded coconut.
- Bake. Bake bars in a 350 degree F oven until sides are golden brown and the coconut on top has toasted.
TIP: Watch your bars closely. The coconut on top can brown quickly, so avoid over-baking. If coconut browns before bars are finished, cover lightly with foil and continue baking until done.
- To store: Keep in a covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- To freeze: Flash freeze on a baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer-safe container between layers of wax or parchment paper. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
More Fruity Keto Recipes
If you like easy coconut bars recipes, you’ll love these fruity and easy desserts too.
Get Ingredients To Make Keto Friendly Coconut Bars:
Keto Coconut Bars Recipe
A sugar-free keto coconut bars recipe with a gooey texture, sweet coconut flavor, and just 3.6g net carbs each! These healthy coconut bars taste just like the real deal.
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 cup Sugar-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened shredded coconut (divided)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C) and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix the almond flour and the Besti brown together. Then add the melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix ingredients together until crumbly.
Transfer the crust mixture to the lined baking pan and press down firmly with the back of a spoon. Set aside.
In another large bowl, add 1 cup of shredded coconut and the condensed milk and stir, until combined.
Pour the coconut filling over the shortbread crust and smooth the top with a silicone spatula.
Sprinkle the remaining coconut flakes over the top.
Bake the coconut bars for about 15 minutes, until the sides are slightly golden and coconut on top is a little toasted.
Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Serving size: 1 coconut bar, or 1/9th of entire recipe
If you prefer, you can also cut into 16 bars instead of 9, to reduce calories and carbs per serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.